DO I HAVE ACTIVE LYME DISEASE OR NOT? Does anyone have experience with the test offered at Advanced-Labs that grows the Lyme spirochetes from your blood for up to 4 months to determine if you have active Lyme Disease in your body. I have problems in so many different parts of my body and want to find out definitively if it's Lyme. I would so appreciate any information you could offer.-------------------------------------------------
1. I am a Lyme Advocate seriously trying to help people like yourself seek and find answers. I am not a Doctor or medical professional. But my Wife and I are advanced Lyme recovers that has seen Hell and back. I am also a proud member of the PALRN. I pride myself in knowing what I am talking about in Lyme as I do presentations and am called to homes to help those with questions like yourself. I have looked over your website address at Advanced Lab. I couldn't feel more sure in saying that this is a CDC/Protocol site that is geared to help those with illnesses. In my investigation. I have found that they use your test for a short test for Lyme antibodies and if there is a small hint of Lyme, The lab grows a culture for a longer period of time and takes another count to determine the outcome. This is still the first I have heard of it so I am not the best to chat about it.
2. I would recommend you talk to a Lyme disease Literate Doctor. I am not talking about a Autoimmune specialist or Infectious disease person that your doctor recommends at his own hospital or in house testing group who says they know all about Lyme disease. I am talking about LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor).
3. NEXT You can go to www.lymediseaseassociation.org or www.ilads.org (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society). Use there Lyme Literate Doctors Referral list to find an LLMD nearest you. You are in good company around Doylestown with Lymepa.org. You may need to travel some. Secondly CDC protocol doctor for the most part are not yet equipped to take on the NEW sciences of Lyme or Advanced Lyme such as it could be that you have as I see it. Please don't alienate your regular physician. He is just following orders. You need a Lyme warrior. That is us Lyme advocates and LLMD's. I would recommend chatting with somebody such as myself or someone at the addresses that I just gave you. There is another site that is invaluable to the undiagnosed Lyme sufferer. That is in your own back yard at: firstname.lastname@example.org. PH: 610-388-7333 There you will find a simple e-booklet called Lyme Disease and associated diseases / THE BASICS. You can also request a print copy and literature.
4. NEXT in the back of that book you will find a survey. Please sit down with your other half if he/she is still around after all of your suffering as I am sure you have had if you are a Lyme disease sufferer. Think back to when your health problems all started. Now start the test. You may be very surprised at what you uncover.
5. NEXT you will get tested at this LLMD by a different Lab that actually does understand and test for Lyme (www.igenex.com). This may cost some money depending on your doctor(LLMD). Or that person knowing Lyme as and LLMD does. You may even get a clinical Diagnosis as CDC claims Lyme disease is anyway.
6. NEXT enough for now. If your a Lyme sufferer. Your mind is already flooded with information. You will need a Lyme coach to guide you through this until you get your marbles back in line. ASK them at Lymepa for the nearest Lyme support group to help you navigate the waters. You have just taken your first step in getting well. Incidentally I was bed ridden for six months, Lyme messed up my heart, took away all my dreams and fortunes. I have found all of those and more in and after my recovery in different colors, shapes and ideals. Good luck. We the Lyme community are here for you. " IN MY OPINION "
David R Thomas
The new Bradford County, PA.-
Rep. for Ahope4lyme.org