There are parents who have done everything right and if a child grows out of a wonderful childhood and into a Lyme disease related rebellion issue. Or altering brain disease issue from Tick borne related issues that throws the child into a downward spiral. I can not blame the parents for there ignorance of Lyme sickness. The sciences are just getting out there. We will be seeing much more of this. It is time to listen and learn the early signs and get help. If I may suggest a few clues and I am not a psychologist.
1. Does your child spend more time in their room?
2. Has their personality changed drastically?
3. Are their studies and grades falling without reason?
4. Do they complain of extreme joint and muscle pain?
5. Have they been directed to see a child psychologist?
Any of these or more could in my mind give reason to seek a Lyme Literate Doctor. You can find these medical LLMD's at www.ilads.com, www.Lymediseaseassociation.org, www.lymepa.org. I am not a Doctor or a health professional. But I am a Lyme disease sufferer and advocate. I am trying to share and write through my findings in late stage Lyme disease.